Friday, May 16, 2008

Spot the birdie with the hat



So, we're still pregnant...."due date" my @$$. And so I'm trying to keep myself busy.

Today I painted for the first time since grade eight. Gavin says that I should comment on how much I've improved since then...well, to be honest, I'm glad that we've got nothing to compare this with in order to find out. I'm guessing that the baby won't be judgmental (at first) - but I suppose we'll learn that soon enough.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture - I'm sure baby will be very entertained by it. It is for baby's room right? Very bright and pretty. I especially like the bumblebee (it that is a bumblebee...) A nice effort for someone who has always said she is a terrible artist.

Jessica said...

Yup, that is a bumblebee (although G pointed out that I left off the stinger, right after he noticed the birdie's 'hat'...I said it was too nice of a bublebee to have one...and that the word for 'hat' is 'crest'...) and yup, it is for the baby's room, if we can figure out how to hang it. Yes, A for effort, C for product, that's how my old grade 8 teacher used to put it. haha. Thanks mom - you're always so nice to me.

on3design said...

Hey guys! It's your cousin Lyndsey, Cynth gave me you blog address. Looks great and hope that baby comes soon!!
Did you hear there is a new baby in the Coffin family...

Jessica said...

Hi Lyndsey - yes, we heard about little Sam! We're looking forward to meeting him sometime soon. Maybe we'll get to see all of you over the holidays?

Anonymous said...

in a related to children's art note - Audrey forwarded a Noah's ark photo of a painting that she paintedfor another little person - if you want it to copy, I will send to you but frankly - I like yours. Her Noah's Ark is good and colourful and fanciful, but may be a little too busy for you. Let me know if you want to see it.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess,

Such hidden talents you have. First you are a seamstress and an artist. The picture is just right for the babies room.

Joleen

Jessica said...

My moms are so good for my ego!

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!! I think you should paint more. Screw that whole PhD thing ... let's you and I open a stand at the next one of a kind show (I promise I'll come up with something other than photographs!) Maybe Angela can contribute too?

Jessica said...

Yes, let's all quit our jobs and be artists. I'm sure we can sell your bottles on walls and my birdies with hats...just need a catchy title for the company now...