Thursday, December 4, 2008

'Tis the Season


The Lovett/Hammel household has been getting into the holiday spirit. Last Saturday, Morgen experienced her first American (read: real) Thanksgiving celebration. It took place at our friend Lindsay's house, where there was a ton of wonderful food. Unfortunately, I forgot to take any pictures at the celebration itself (and Morgen slept through most of it anyways), but I did get a shot of Mama and Baby on their way to the gathering. 


After Thanksgiving (or, if you are anything like Jessica, around Halloween), a sudden and
 irresistible urge to accessorize plant life (or at least artificial replications of plant life) kicks in. So, Jessica and I spent one evening this week hauling our oh-so-lifelike artificial tree out of storage and decorating it. Despite her parents' lack of design sense, Morgen still seemed to enjoy the process. 


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just remember being in Winnipeg with You, Gavin and making a very Amerocentric statement and you quite tersely corrected me. I think it had to do with exchanging back to "real money." You told me it was ALL real money. I'm glad to see you have come to the American dark side and recognize when the REAL thanksgiving is. (even though the Canadian version is really close to my birthday- something to really give thanks for!)
JANNA