Wednesday, November 11, 2009

More to love


Morgen is growing more independent every day. And at the same time, she's becoming more attached to a certain toy that, until recently, we've called her 'transitional object'. The thing is, "Leona the Lion," called "Kitty" or "lllllllllullllluhluh" by Morgen isn't so transitional these days. Once only important at bedtime and naptime, Leona is now more of an ubiquitous buddy. I suppose it's better than Morgen's former fixation on my fuzzy pink pyjamas. For one thing, Leona is far more fetching. But the lion is getting a bit...grimey. Even a surreptitious wash this past weekend couldn't remove the stains and other signs of a toddler's love. Anyone out there (besides my brother) still have their comfort toy or blankie hidden away somewhere?


4 comments:

Mindy said...

Does my thumb count?

Jessica said...

Yes, definitely. In fact, you get extra points because your comfy object is a) something you always get to take with you and b) have a backup for in case something happens to the first one. Good overall strategy, Mindy.

Lisa Biro said...

Joe has his blankie from his childhood and I am under strict orders to never throw it away. I don't mind though. It's his big rubbermaid tote of LEGO's that I mind!!

Cathy L said...

Absolutely. Teddy still has a place of honour in my room. (Probably always will.)