I discovered to my horror, after nearly six years of marriage, that despite owning and loving the movie Singing in the Rain, Gavin doesn't enjoy actual walks in warm summer rain. Really? Really.
He doesn't like dancing in thunderstorms, doesn't like that transition from being thoroughly soaked to being wrapped in warm towels and sipping hot chocolate or tea. He must not have had a fun umbrella like this to dance around with when he was little. I'm sure that if he had, his opinion would be entirely different. The only thing Morgen didn't enjoy about being out in the rain last weekend was having to come back in so Mommy could feed Lillian.
4 comments:
Looks like a good time to me. I hope you only counted the worms and didn't step on any. That bumblebee? umbrella is the best. Where did it fly in from? :)
Momtario
So cute! And this is exactly why I decided long ago that all of my kids will own fun rain boots!! :)
That umbrella looks familiar! I don't remember warm towels or hot chocolate after that wet adventure...
-Alexa
Alexa, you only get hot chocolate and towels when you take a short, but excited romp in the rain, right next to your house. On a long, ill-fated trudge across the city in the rain far, far away from anything interesting, you only get goofy dollar-store umbrellas. Next time, if I say "It's supposed to be around the corner" and it isn't, don't let me lead you any further astray. At least we got cool umbrellas out of it, though, eh?
Post a Comment