Monday, July 28, 2008

Things they didn't tell you...


Can you see this? It is just one of the things that I'm learning about as a first time parent. Yes, if you suspect it, but can't quite make it out, it's cradle cap! Infamous...to those who know about such things. But, not being a baby crazy person before about a year ago, this is totally new to me. Why didn't I notice this on babies before? My friends tell me that their babies had it. Now I'm slicking up my pretty girl's head with olive oil on a daily basis and trying not to pick at the yucky yellow flakes when she's nursing or sleeping. And she's happily going about her baby business (pictures below), despite her smelly hair do and flakey hat.

I might as well tell you that Morgen also has baby eczema (not baby acne as we'd been initially told), a red rash that creeps across her face and has made an appearance on her arms and hands as well. We're treating it all according to the doctor's orders, and in the grand scheme of things these are very minor issues...still, I'm a nervous first time parent! I keep wondering: what if Morgen's cradle cap never goes away? What if the cream we've got for the eczema doesn't actually relieve the itching? Poor baby! Your Mommy has got to relax!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morgen is a tweety bird! Very fun! And yes, I think you have the right idea - relax Mommy - you're doing a great job and she is a very healthy looking and happy sounding baby.
BTW, the first pic is disgusting!
Love anyway
Momtariariario

Natalie, Eric, Evan, and Emmett said...

Both of my boys had the same thing. I tried every thing, but worked best for me is the Baby oil gel and one of those loofa(sp) glove things. After their bath I would put the get on and rub it with the glove for awhile. It was gone in about a week, so it might be worth a try....You guys are doing GREAT!!

Mindy said...

Gavin, I saw a guy yesterday who looked just like you in high school, but his hair was a little longer! Erik actually pointed him out first. So I started to think about the high school days...and now...you're a daddy! So fun!!

Mindy said...

Well, this is kind of a gross post to say Happy Anniversary on ...but I hope you both have a wonderful day!